BYE BYE SAGGY ARMS
I can’t believe I lost almost 45 kgs. That was fantastic but with all the fat gone I got saggy baggy arm things. After I had them fixed in Thailand I felt a million dollars and so more attractive and I am more active too. I can ever wear singlet tops !Judith, March 2006
udith was proud that she lost so much weight. When she approached us she was particularly bothered by the laxity in her upper arms. The way her arms were they were affecting her confidence and restricting the clothes she was able to wear. After review of her images, by one of our surgeons, she underwent a bilateral brachioplasty upper arm lift in Thailandand you can see the significant difference.
You will also note a permanent arm lift scar however the ‘after picture’ shown above was taken only about 3 months after surgery. Judith’s scar faded dramatically over the first year after surgery. Her brachioplasty scar is located in an infrequently seen portion of her arm and is not a concern for her at all.
Brachioplasty in Thailand or a Arm Lift in Thailand is a cosmetic procedure for those who have excess fat and skin beneath their upper arms The soft tissue of your arms may have become lax and now there may be drooping and sagging of your the arms - loose and hanging. Naturally many women are embarrassed by the appearance of sagging upper arms and want to have a slimmer, more youthful appearance.
The arm lift procedure is ideal for patients who have a significant amount of excess, hanging skin or fat in the upper arm area, maintain a stable weight and have realistic expectations for surgery. It is also important that patients are healthy overall, with no major medical conditions that may be affected by surgery.
- Our surgeon will make incisions on the inside or back of your arm. The length and position of the incision varies from patient to patient.
- Some patients only require minimal incisions from the area where the inner, upper arm joins the armpit.
- Liposuction is performed on the arm if significant fat removal is required.
- Excessive skin is then trimmed, tightened and sutured in place with absorbable sutures, or stitches that will be removed within two weeks after your surgery.
- Your skin is then smoothed over the new contour of your arm and the arms are usually wrapped with an elastic dressing.
Recuperation and Healing
- A compression garment may be worn on the arms for approximately two weeks.
- Bruising and swelling are normal and will take a number of weeks to go away.
- It is not unusual that in the early period after surgery that you experience a stiffness in your arms however this is usually resolved in 1 -2 months.
- Sometimes you will experience a numbness of the upper and lower arm but again this is usually resolved in 1- 2 months.
- Stiches are removed within two weeks.
- Speak to your surgeon and us about scar creams and other treatments.
- The scar will take 8 -12 months to fade.
The Michelle Obama Arms
"Between the years 2000 and 2012, the world saw how the US First Lady influenced not only the world of politics but as well as the field of plastic surgery.
Michelle Obama’s arms are chosen by majority of US women.
Why Michelle Obama, you ask? According to a report by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, more than 15 000 upper arm lift surgeries were done in the US in 2012 which was a far cry from its usual number of 300."
So terms such as Bat-wings, tuck shop arms, bingo wings, floppy arms can all become comments of the past.
say BYE BYE to SAGGY ARMS NOW !! by contacting us today.