Veneers in Thailand
Veneering your tooth means to cover up the front surface / the dental face. A good analogy is to compare it to placing on acrylic fingernails except veneers are permanent.
Dental Veneers are used to enhance shapes, enhance the colours of your teeth as well as to closing the spaces between teeth. Veneers are also excellent solution of broken teeth or teeth that have bee chipped and also to cover up awfully stained teeth. Using venners may mean that we can improve the alignment of your teeth so as to give you an ‘even’ smile.
A veneers is a more conservative treatment compared to a crown as a veneer requires minimal reduction of the tooth size.
TYPES OF VENEERS
There are two types of veneers: Porcelain and Composite
A Composite veneer is a quicker and cheaper but not as long lasting.
An advantage with Composite veneers is that they only require one visit and additionally there is minimal or no tooth reduction. Another great advantage is that normally you do not require an anaesthetic. Composite veneers allow for re bonding if so required later.
Porcelain veneers resist staining, reflects light and are among the strongest and most natural looking restorations available.
In some cases porcelain veneer placement may be reversible. In most cases, however, once a veneer has been applied, the tooth will always require a covering ie: a veneer or else the tooth could be provided with a crown later.
This is a two appointment procedure which requires some minor irreversible tooth preparation. It does howeverproduce the strongest, most trouble-free, most esthetic and long-lasting conservative restoration.
- Shade Selection – You will select a tentative shade. Most patients want their teeth to be light. Many veneers are made with B1 porcelain since it is easier to darken the veneers when bonding than it is to lighten them. The B1 porcelains can block out the darkest stains.
- Tooth preparation – For normally aligned teeth you will only require moderate colour changes. If there are misaligned teeth they can be recontoured and brought into better alignment through the preparation.
- Impression – Are made using a polysiloxane or polyether material.
Temporary Veneers – A great majority of patients do not require temporaries. If they are necessary or desired, they are hand sculptured, using composite and attached by spot etching the enamel in the center of the tooth away from any margins.
- Remove temporary – The temporaries are removed if they had been previously placed (not usually needed).
- Evaluate fit and esthetics.-All veneers will be placed without bonding medium in order to assess the fit( glycerin is used to hold in place on a temporary basis).
Single veneers sometimes require shade modification with tints and modifiers or shaded cements.
- Preparing the restoration for cementation – Your teeth will be cleaned prior to adhesion of the veneers.
- Light cure veneer from the facial surface for at least 60 seconds. You cannot overcure these restorations.
- Finishing and polishing procedures.
Meeting Your Expectations
During your veneers consultation, you will actively participate in the “smile design process.” By sharing your preferences for the shape, length, width and colour of the veneers and the change in the appearance of your smile that you want them to create, you help ensure that your veneer treatment will meet your expectations.